The Graphic Designer is a full-time, benefits-eligible position and will report to the Marketing Director. The focus of this position involves:
- Creative Design– Generating creative artwork to establish brand identity for USNWC and it’s programs, events and activities. Artwork must be consistent with USNWC brand standards and will be formatted for use in various media including print, digital, social, etc. The Graphic Designer will also format photography and incorporate brand marks with photo inventory for use in marketing materials.
- Collateral Design/Approval – Creating and formatting artwork for a variety of mediums used in the USNWC’s advertising and marketing campaigns. Collateral includes posters, brochures, facility maps, signage, etc. The Graphic Designer must also approve all uses of USNWC marks and ensure they are consistent with USNWC brand standards.
- Website/App Design- Working with Web Developer to create and maintain the look and feel of the USNWC’s website and mobile application properties. The Graphic Designer will take the primary role on the visual representation of these mediums so that the Web Developer may incorporate them with appropriate functionality.
- Strategic Direction – Contribute as a member of the USNWC Marketing Team to lend perspective and critique ideas on the allocation of resources for brand-building initiatives and marketing functions, as well as future business development initiatives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play an active role on the USNWC marketing team and in the steering of the USNWC brand/organization as a whole
- Manage all creative projects with deliverables across all departments, including brochures, property maps, onsite signage, metalwork, information screens, kiosks, etc.
- Create advertisements to specification for all USNWC mediums (print, web, social, outdoor, sponsorship, etc.)
- Coordinate with print vendors to place collateral orders and receive shipments for distribution onsite/offsite
- Generate new vector-based artwork and logos to represent USNWC events, activities and products (River Jam, Festivals, Whitewater Race Series, Canopy Tour, Adventure Travel, etc.)
- Coordinate photography plan with third-party vendors and maintain a current graphics database for use in marketing materials
- Develop and maintain the visual design of all websites, mobile applications and digital forms and coordinate within parameters of defined process flows
- Schedule and approve all uses of USNWC marks by third party organizations
- Other duties specified as needed
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of relevant experience (Graphic Design, Art or related field)
- Degree in Graphic Design, Art preferred
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photo Shop) and InDesign
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver
- Project management skills
- Ability to meet and exceed deadlines and work in a fluid environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and make decisions independently
- Team player with flexibility in schedule for varied workweeks and events (nights and weekends occasionally required).
*Please provide digital portfolio link/website in application